ATLANTA: St. Joseph's Hospital names new CEO
Scott Schmidly, a long-term hospital executive, has been named CEO of St. Joseph's Hospital in Atlanta, effective April 17. Schmidly comes to Atlanta from Dallas, where he has been the chief operating officer and ethics and compliance officer at Medical City Dallas Hospital and Medical City Children's Hospital. He earned a bachelor's of science in biology with a minor in history from Stephen F. Austin State University, and a masters in health care administration from Trinity University. St. Joseph's Hospital is a 410-bed, acute-care facility.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening