DENVER: HealthONE CEO Dorsey to retire
HCA announced that Jeff Dorsey, President and CEO of HCA-HealthONE® LLC and HCA's Continental Division, will retire effective May 31, 2012. The Continental Division is composed of seven Denver-area hospitals in the HealthONE system. A search is underway for his replacement. He has served as a division president for HCA since 1995, when he became President and CEO of the Colorado Division, which included HealthONE, and later was renamed the Continental Division to include the Kansas and Oklahoma hospitals. Dorsey began his career in 1972 as an administrative resident at Portsmouth General Hospital in Portsmouth, Va. He joined HCA in 1981. In 1986, he became Executive Vice President and Administrator of Rose Medical Center in Denver. He was promoted to President and CEO of Rose Health Care System in 1994.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts