Parkland Hospital CEO search could take a year
Parkland Memorial Hospital's search for a new CEO will take four months to a year, an adviser told the hospital's Board of Managers in a meeting Wednesday. Mike Boate, executive recruiter at Parkland Health & Hospital System, walked the board through how the search process will unfold. The board is in charge of hiring a replacement for longtime president and CEO Dr. Ron Anderson, who was reassigned to a senior adviser role following highly critical state and federal inspections of the hospital. The board in November named Dr. Thomas Royer a former Christus Health CEO, to be the interim CEO.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream