MA hospital merger gets final approval
The state's Public Health Council on Wednesday signed off on the planned affiliation or merger between Lahey Clinic and Northeast Health System, provided the new nonprofit corporation—Lahey Health Systems—keeps Northeast's Addison Gilbert Hospital services at current levels for a minimum of three years and conducts a community health needs assessment for going forward. The Public Health Council's approval was the last that Lahey and Northeast needed before the non-profits join in their partnership. The affiliation will create a $1.5 billion, integrated regional health system along an axis from Gloucester to Burlington.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US