DUBOIS, PA: DRMC hires Hamscher as CNO
After conducting a nationwide executive search led by healthcare leadership solutions firm B. E. Smith, DuBois Regional Medical Center (DRMC) in DuBois, PA, has hired Janice Hamscher as chief nursing officer. A seasoned nurse executive with nearly 20 years of senior leadership experience, Hamscher will assume her new duties at DRMC on April 2, 2012. Prior to joining DRMC, Hamscher was CNO/senior vice president at Saint Vincent Health System in Erie, PA. She also has served in nursing senior leadership roles at Holy Spirit Hospital in Camp Hill, PA, and Fairmont General Hospital in Fairmont, WV. Hamscher earned a master's in nursing at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and a bachelor's in nursing at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%