DUBOIS, PA: DRMC hires Hamscher as CNO
After conducting a nationwide executive search led by healthcare leadership solutions firm B. E. Smith, DuBois Regional Medical Center (DRMC) in DuBois, PA, has hired Janice Hamscher as chief nursing officer. A seasoned nurse executive with nearly 20 years of senior leadership experience, Hamscher will assume her new duties at DRMC on April 2, 2012. Prior to joining DRMC, Hamscher was CNO/senior vice president at Saint Vincent Health System in Erie, PA. She also has served in nursing senior leadership roles at Holy Spirit Hospital in Camp Hill, PA, and Fairmont General Hospital in Fairmont, WV. Hamscher earned a master's in nursing at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and a bachelor's in nursing at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data