DUBOIS, PA: DRMC hires Hamscher as CNO
After conducting a nationwide executive search led by healthcare leadership solutions firm B. E. Smith, DuBois Regional Medical Center (DRMC) in DuBois, PA, has hired Janice Hamscher as chief nursing officer. A seasoned nurse executive with nearly 20 years of senior leadership experience, Hamscher will assume her new duties at DRMC on April 2, 2012. Prior to joining DRMC, Hamscher was CNO/senior vice president at Saint Vincent Health System in Erie, PA. She also has served in nursing senior leadership roles at Holy Spirit Hospital in Camp Hill, PA, and Fairmont General Hospital in Fairmont, WV. Hamscher earned a master's in nursing at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and a bachelor's in nursing at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care