DUBOIS, PA: DRMC hires Hamscher as CNO
After conducting a nationwide executive search led by healthcare leadership solutions firm B. E. Smith, DuBois Regional Medical Center (DRMC) in DuBois, PA, has hired Janice Hamscher as chief nursing officer. A seasoned nurse executive with nearly 20 years of senior leadership experience, Hamscher will assume her new duties at DRMC on April 2, 2012. Prior to joining DRMC, Hamscher was CNO/senior vice president at Saint Vincent Health System in Erie, PA. She also has served in nursing senior leadership roles at Holy Spirit Hospital in Camp Hill, PA, and Fairmont General Hospital in Fairmont, WV. Hamscher earned a master's in nursing at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and a bachelor's in nursing at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'