BOSTON: Schissel named chief of medicine at Faulkner Hospital
Dr. Scott Schissel, chief of pulmonary medicine at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, has been named chief of medicine at Faulkner Hospital. Schissel starts in the new role June 15, replacing longtime chief Dr. Stephen Wright, who retired last year. Schissel will oversee the department of medicine and the educational mission there, advising residents and other trainees. Schissel, also an instructor at Harvard Medical School, studied medicine at the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University and trained at Brigham and Women's Hospital. He will continue to see pulmonary patients there and at Faulkner Hospital.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'