BOSTON: Schissel named chief of medicine at Faulkner Hospital
Dr. Scott Schissel, chief of pulmonary medicine at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, has been named chief of medicine at Faulkner Hospital. Schissel starts in the new role June 15, replacing longtime chief Dr. Stephen Wright, who retired last year. Schissel will oversee the department of medicine and the educational mission there, advising residents and other trainees. Schissel, also an instructor at Harvard Medical School, studied medicine at the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University and trained at Brigham and Women's Hospital. He will continue to see pulmonary patients there and at Faulkner Hospital.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers