ST. LOUIS, MO: St. Anthony's names Gardner CEO
The Board of Directors of St. Anthony's Medical Center has appointed James E. Gardner Jr. as president and chief executive officer of St. Anthony's. Gardner succeeds Thomas H. Rockers, who will retire on March 28. Gardner will assume his new role April 16. Gardner comes to St. Anthony's with 28 years of experience in healthcare and hospital administration, most recently serving as president and chief executive officer at Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc., Gainesville, GA. Gardner also has held chief executive officer positions at the Wyoming Medical Center, Casper, WY, and for Christus Health, Inc., Irving, TX. Gardner holds a master's degree in health administration from the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine and a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from Virginia Commonwealth University.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?