HACKENSACK, NJ: HackensackUMC appoints CIO
Hackensack University Medical Center is proud to welcome Dr. Shafiq Rab, of Skillman, N.J., as its new chief information officer. Rab joins the medical center from Greater Hudson Valley Health System in New York, where he was vice president and CIO since 2008. Prior to his time at Greater Hudson Valley Health System, Rab was vice president and chief information officer at St. Mary's Hospital in Passaic, N.J., and chief information officer/director of Information Technology/information security officer at Carrier Clinic, East Mountain Hospital in Belle Mead, N.J. Rab obtained his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) degree from Dow Medical College in Pakistan, and completed his internship while also in Pakistan.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try