HACKENSACK, NJ: HackensackUMC appoints CIO
Hackensack University Medical Center is proud to welcome Dr. Shafiq Rab, of Skillman, N.J., as its new chief information officer. Rab joins the medical center from Greater Hudson Valley Health System in New York, where he was vice president and CIO since 2008. Prior to his time at Greater Hudson Valley Health System, Rab was vice president and chief information officer at St. Mary's Hospital in Passaic, N.J., and chief information officer/director of Information Technology/information security officer at Carrier Clinic, East Mountain Hospital in Belle Mead, N.J. Rab obtained his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) degree from Dow Medical College in Pakistan, and completed his internship while also in Pakistan.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer