HACKENSACK, NJ: HackensackUMC appoints CIO
Hackensack University Medical Center is proud to welcome Dr. Shafiq Rab, of Skillman, N.J., as its new chief information officer. Rab joins the medical center from Greater Hudson Valley Health System in New York, where he was vice president and CIO since 2008. Prior to his time at Greater Hudson Valley Health System, Rab was vice president and chief information officer at St. Mary's Hospital in Passaic, N.J., and chief information officer/director of Information Technology/information security officer at Carrier Clinic, East Mountain Hospital in Belle Mead, N.J. Rab obtained his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) degree from Dow Medical College in Pakistan, and completed his internship while also in Pakistan.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'