NASHVILLE: Saint Thomas Health names CQO
Saint Thomas Health has named Dr. William Thompson as chief quality officer for the regional, five-hospital health system and network of affiliated ventures, practices and facilities. For the past five years, Dr. Thompson has served as chief medical officer at Baptist Hospital, a Saint Thomas Health facility. He will assume his new role on April 1. Before taking the position as chief medical officer of Baptist Hospital in 2007, Dr. Thompson served as physician director of clinical transformation for Ascension Health. A pulmonologist, he joined the medical staff at Baptist Hospital in 1988 prior to becoming the CEO and partner for Nashville Inpatient Management Services. He helped launch the first hospitalist program in Nashville at Baptist Hospital.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening