NASHVILLE: Saint Thomas Health names CQO
Saint Thomas Health has named Dr. William Thompson as chief quality officer for the regional, five-hospital health system and network of affiliated ventures, practices and facilities. For the past five years, Dr. Thompson has served as chief medical officer at Baptist Hospital, a Saint Thomas Health facility. He will assume his new role on April 1. Before taking the position as chief medical officer of Baptist Hospital in 2007, Dr. Thompson served as physician director of clinical transformation for Ascension Health. A pulmonologist, he joined the medical staff at Baptist Hospital in 1988 prior to becoming the CEO and partner for Nashville Inpatient Management Services. He helped launch the first hospitalist program in Nashville at Baptist Hospital.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care