GREENSBORO: Akin named Cone Health President and COO
Terry Akin has been named President and Chief Operating Officer of Cone Health. The announcement was made by Tim Rice, who will remain Chief Executive Officer. Akin joined Cone Health in July 2009. Akin previously held leadership roles at three health systems across the nation: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas/Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, and Washington Hospital Center in Washington, DC. Akin is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives. He earned an MBA at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania as well as a master's degree in social work.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances