HAYWOOD, NC: Poore resigns as MedWest Haywood leader
The president of MedWest-Haywood hospital has stepped down after three-and-a-half years on the job. Mike Poore's tenure at the helm of MedWest-Haywood was marked by an aggressive strategy to restore a crisis of community confidence, rebuild plummeting finances and compete head-to-head with the much-larger neighboring Mission Hospital in Asheville. The news that Poore was resigning came as a surprise to the medical community and hospital's board of directors. Poore assumed leadership after a tumultuous period during which the hospital failed federal inspections and was forced to essentially shut its doors for four months in 2008.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs