AL hospital seeks sites for cancer, OB needs as cutbacks start
Cooper Green Mercy Hospital officials are scrambling to find medical facilities for cancer patients and new and expectant mothers as the hospital prepares to close its oncology and OB/ GYN units. Sussman said arrangements are being made to send oncology patients to UAB Hospital and the OB patients to Princeton Baptist Medical Center. Officials at those hospitals said Friday that they were unaware of any definitive plans with the county-owned hospital for the poor, which is slashing staff and departments to try to bring expenses down to the level of its revenues.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law