Judge orders PA's Saint Catherine Medical Center to be liquidated
Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs is headed to liquidation and closure, as a federal judge on Wednesday approved converting the hospital's bankruptcy petition to that status. After a 25-minute hearing in the Max Rosenn United States Courthouse, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge John J. Thomas ordered that the case filed by the debtor, Saint Catherine Hospital of Pennsylvania LLC, be changed to Chapter 7, which allows for liquidation of a business' assets, from Chapter 11, which permits reorganization of a business.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer