Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System studies options for future
At stake is the long-term health care available to Salinas residents and what entity will provide it. Will Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System: continue as is, partner with Natividad Medical Center, or sell outright to Healthcare Corporation of America? After an arduous year-long process, the SVMH board of directors decided in March to proceed to what is called Stage 2—a fact-finding exercise in which the suitors and hospital dig deeper into each other's backgrounds and books to see what might work.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream