LANCASTER, PA: Two hospitals now run by one CEO
Lancaster Regional Medical Center's CEO will now oversee Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center as well, the health businesses announced today. Karen Metz, current CEO for Heart of Lancaster, has accepted a position within the two hospitals' parent company, Florida-based Health Management Associates Inc. Bob Moore will begin his dual role on Monday, spokeswoman Amanda Brunish said. Moore has been the CEO of Lancaster-based Lancaster Regional for two years, and previously was CEO of hospitals in Illinois, Missouri and Pennsylvania, according to a news release.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest