NASHVILLE: HCA appoints President of Continental Division
HCA announced the appointment of Sylvia Young as President of HCA’s Continental Division, effective June 1. The Continental Division comprises seven Denver-area hospitals in the HealthONE system and Wesley Medical Center and Galichia Heart Hospital in Wichita, Kansas. It also includes 15 surgery centers and dozens of other outpatient centers in Colorado and Wichita. Young, 50, replaces Jeff Dorsey, who announced his retirement last month. A 27-year veteran of hospital administration, Young currently serves as President of HCA’s Sunrise Health System. A search for her replacement is underway.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013