HARRISBURG, PA: HAP President/CEO to retire
Carolyn F. Scanlan, President and CEO of The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) since June 1995, will retire from her position at the end of 2012. Scanlan made the announcement at the meeting of the HAP Board of Directors. HAP Chairman Garry Scheib of the University of Pennsylvania Health System said that a search committee of the HAP Board will embark on a nationwide search for Scanlan’s replacement. Scanlan also has served on multiple national and state boards, including the American Hospital Association, HARSCO Corporation, and WITF, Inc.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts