ST. LOUIS: SSM Health Care names Senior VP
SSM Health Care has promoted Michael Panicola, Ph.D., Senior Vice President - Mission and Organizational Ethics, effective May 1. Panicola, 41, is currently Corporate Vice President, Ethics & Social Responsibility. Panicola has been with SSM Health Care for 14 years. He joined SSM as an ethics consultant in 1998, and since then has conducted more than 2,000 ethics consults. He advocated successfully for a system-wide approach to palliative care and has overseen the development of palliative care programs at hospitals across the SSM Health Care system.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised