Alegent to acquire Creighton med center
Creighton University Medical Center will remain open as a hospital after Alegent Health acquires it this summer, Alegent's CEO said Tuesday. Richard Hachten, president and chief executive officer of Alegent, also said he doesn't expect layoffs. Hachten and the Rev. Timothy Lannon, Creighton University's president, said nonbinding agreements have been signed by their institutions and Tenet Healthcare, the for-profit corporation that owns about three-fourths of the hospital. Creighton owns the rest. Alegent will assume full ownership, but administrators declined to discuss the purchase price.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care