EUGENE, OR: PeaceHealth chooses CEO
PeaceHealth nonprofit healthcare system Wednesday named John Hill as chief executive officer of its Oregon region, effective May 31. The region includes hospitals in Springfield, Eugene, Cottage Grove and Florence. Hill is an executive with healthcare giant Hospital Corporation of America. Hill is the CEO of the Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza near Denver, a Level II trauma center. Hill will replace Tom Reitinger, who has been interim Oregon CEO since July and will continue in that role through June 30, according to PeaceHealth, a Catholic healthcare system based in Washington state. PeaceHealth brought in Reitinger, an associate with the consulting firm Huron Healthcare, after the sudden departure of Mel Pyne, who had been Oregon CEO for six years.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'