MARATHON, FL: Marathon hospital's CFO resigns
Michael Schimming resigned Friday as Fishermen's Community Hospital chief financial officer, just six months after being hired. The Marathon medical center is nearly 10 months into a transition from for-profit lessee Health Management Associates to Quorum Health Resources. Schimming works for Quorum. Most recently, Schimming was CFO for Allegiance Health Management in Shreveport, La. He had also been CEO and CFO for a 118-bed hospital in Arkansas; CFO for a Baptist Health Care System hospital in Beaumont, Texas; and CFO for several HMA hospitals in Arkansas and Texas.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers