MARATHON, FL: Marathon hospital's CFO resigns
Michael Schimming resigned Friday as Fishermen's Community Hospital chief financial officer, just six months after being hired. The Marathon medical center is nearly 10 months into a transition from for-profit lessee Health Management Associates to Quorum Health Resources. Schimming works for Quorum. Most recently, Schimming was CFO for Allegiance Health Management in Shreveport, La. He had also been CEO and CFO for a 118-bed hospital in Arkansas; CFO for a Baptist Health Care System hospital in Beaumont, Texas; and CFO for several HMA hospitals in Arkansas and Texas.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes