LEAVENWORTH, KS: Cushing names interim CEO
St. Luke's Health System, the parent company of Leavenworth’s Cushing Memorial Hospital, announced Wednesday that Gary Wages would take over for outgoing Chief Executive Officer Ron Baker at the facility. Wages will serve as the top executive at Cushing on an interim basis, a change made effective Tuesday. Baker left the hospital to take the top post at St. Luke's East Hospital in Lee's Summit, Mo. Wages retired as CEO of Saint Luke's Northland Hospital in 2011. He currently serves as a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and was a past board chair of the Missouri Hospital Association, Kansas City Area Hospital Associations and Missouri's Hospital Industry Data Institute. He joined St. Luke's Health System in 1998.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest