CLEVELAND: Cleveland Clinic appoints Children's Hospital Chairman
Giovanni Piedimonte, MD, Chairman of Pediatrics at the West Virginia University (WVU) School of Medicine and an international leader in pediatric pulmonology, has been appointed Chairman of the Pediatric Institute and Physician in Chief of the Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital. Prior to his appointment at Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Piedimonte also served as Physician-In-Chief of WVU Children’s Hospital in Morgantown, WV, as the founding Director of the WVU Pediatric Research Institute, and as a Wyeth Research Scholar. Dr. Piedimonte will replace Ricardo Rodriguez, M.D., who has served as interim chair since 2011.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream