SAN DIEGO: UC San Diego Health System names CEO
Paul S. Viviano has accepted the position as the new CEO of UC San Diego Health System and associate vice chancellor for Health Sciences. His appointment was approved by the UC Board of Regents, and will commence June 1, 2012. Viviano is currently Chairman of the Board and CEO of Alliance Healthcare Services where he has served since 2003. His prior positions include president and CEO of USC University Hospital and USC/Norris Cancer Hospital. Prior to his work at USC, Viviano served in various positions, including executive vice president and CEO of the St. Joseph Health System in Orange, California.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations