Mysteries surrounding massive Memorial Health System severance could endure
As Colorado Springs tries to reconcile how the former CEO of Memorial Health System walked away with a $1.15 million separation package that city officials tried to block amid public outrage, one of the biggest mysteries is who knew what and when. It wasn't until the terms of the agreement were made public and began to garner protest that city officials started to make noise. The seven-figure payout could lead to policy changes. Some council members say they want to ensure that no other municipal board has the same kind of unchecked power as Memorial's, and Mayor Steve Bach has called for a governance review of all city-owned institutions.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers