Mysteries surrounding massive Memorial Health System severance could endure
As Colorado Springs tries to reconcile how the former CEO of Memorial Health System walked away with a $1.15 million separation package that city officials tried to block amid public outrage, one of the biggest mysteries is who knew what and when. It wasn't until the terms of the agreement were made public and began to garner protest that city officials started to make noise. The seven-figure payout could lead to policy changes. Some council members say they want to ensure that no other municipal board has the same kind of unchecked power as Memorial's, and Mayor Steve Bach has called for a governance review of all city-owned institutions.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream