X-rays and iPads: The network healthcare evolution
Thanks to the big stick provided by the Affordable Care Act in the US, some healthcare organizations are pushing more aggressive use of network bandwidth and cloud technology. But ask any random sampling of physicians, technologists, and health industry observers. They'll tell you technology isn't restraining the next big paradigm shift in healthcare. The bandwidth is willing. "It's less about the technology holding the industry back, and more about the reimbursement model for healthcare," says Kenneth Kleinberg, senior director of research and insights at The Advisory Board Company, a global healthcare research, technology, and consulting firm.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction