Nonprofit hospital CEO earned $616K in 2010
After receiving a big raise in 2009—about 18 percent—Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center's chief executive officer, Alex Valdez, saw only an incremental increase in his pay in 2010, according to tax documents recently filed by the Santa Fe general hospital. According to the hospital's tax return for the 2010 fiscal year, Valdez's annual salary rose only by about $1,000 a year to $616,000 for the fiscal year that ended in June 2011. But he remains one of the area's best-paid executives.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal