All 4 trauma surgeons leave one ME hospital to work for another
Central Maine Medical Center's loss is MaineGeneral Medical Center's gain. CMMC's four trauma surgeons are going to work for MaineGeneral in Augusta, doubling that hospital's staff of surgeons, according to MaineGeneral CEO Chuck Hays. The four doctors had made up CMMC's entire team of trauma surgeons. Three left earlier this year; the fourth is scheduled to leave this month. They weren't fired. It is unclear exactly why the doctors decided to leave Lewiston. Chuck Gill, spokesman for Central Maine Healthcare, CMMC's parent organization, has said the hospital and surgeons had "a professional disagreement."
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US