All 4 trauma surgeons leave one ME hospital to work for another
Central Maine Medical Center's loss is MaineGeneral Medical Center's gain. CMMC's four trauma surgeons are going to work for MaineGeneral in Augusta, doubling that hospital's staff of surgeons, according to MaineGeneral CEO Chuck Hays. The four doctors had made up CMMC's entire team of trauma surgeons. Three left earlier this year; the fourth is scheduled to leave this month. They weren't fired. It is unclear exactly why the doctors decided to leave Lewiston. Chuck Gill, spokesman for Central Maine Healthcare, CMMC's parent organization, has said the hospital and surgeons had "a professional disagreement."
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules