CEO expresses concern over future of NH's Exeter Hospital
The leader of Exeter Hospital said his organization's focus is on taking care of those impacted by the hospital's hepatitis C outbreak and not the legal cloud. "It's not about the lawsuits for us, it's about caring about these patients and making sure their medical care is provided to them," said Kevin Callahan, president and chief executive officer of Exeter Health Resources, parent company of the hospital. But questions linger about the hospital's long-term viability as the investigation into the hepatitis C outbreak continues.Currently, 20 people have been infected.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers