CEO expresses concern over future of NH's Exeter Hospital
The leader of Exeter Hospital said his organization's focus is on taking care of those impacted by the hospital's hepatitis C outbreak and not the legal cloud. "It's not about the lawsuits for us, it's about caring about these patients and making sure their medical care is provided to them," said Kevin Callahan, president and chief executive officer of Exeter Health Resources, parent company of the hospital. But questions linger about the hospital's long-term viability as the investigation into the hepatitis C outbreak continues.Currently, 20 people have been infected.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs