CEO expresses concern over future of NH's Exeter Hospital
The leader of Exeter Hospital said his organization's focus is on taking care of those impacted by the hospital's hepatitis C outbreak and not the legal cloud. "It's not about the lawsuits for us, it's about caring about these patients and making sure their medical care is provided to them," said Kevin Callahan, president and chief executive officer of Exeter Health Resources, parent company of the hospital. But questions linger about the hospital's long-term viability as the investigation into the hepatitis C outbreak continues.Currently, 20 people have been infected.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending