Layoffs hit Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center in Reno
Layoff notices were being handed out to Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center employees as the sale completion of the Reno nonprofit hospital nears June 30, a union head said Wednesday. California Nurses Association director Jill Furillo, whose union represents the nurses at Saint Mary’s, said Wednesday that some people have received notices that they will not be offered a job. One person was given a 14-day notice of layoff but then was escorted off the property, she said.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital