Closing CA hospital a cold business calculation?
Perhaps the most explosive inference that could be drawn from recently leaked internal Sutter Health documents is that the medical group was considering a scenario where it could deliberately drive down the bottom line at its California Pacific Medical Center affiliate in order to trigger an escape clause that would allow it to quickly close a rebuilt Mission District hospital it was pledging to keep open for 20 years.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians