Closing CA hospital a cold business calculation?
Perhaps the most explosive inference that could be drawn from recently leaked internal Sutter Health documents is that the medical group was considering a scenario where it could deliberately drive down the bottom line at its California Pacific Medical Center affiliate in order to trigger an escape clause that would allow it to quickly close a rebuilt Mission District hospital it was pledging to keep open for 20 years.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives