Closing CA hospital a cold business calculation?
Perhaps the most explosive inference that could be drawn from recently leaked internal Sutter Health documents is that the medical group was considering a scenario where it could deliberately drive down the bottom line at its California Pacific Medical Center affiliate in order to trigger an escape clause that would allow it to quickly close a rebuilt Mission District hospital it was pledging to keep open for 20 years.
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Slideshow: Healthcare Executives Eye Efficiency
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs
- Upfront costs of going digital overwhelm some doctors