Closing CA hospital a cold business calculation?
Perhaps the most explosive inference that could be drawn from recently leaked internal Sutter Health documents is that the medical group was considering a scenario where it could deliberately drive down the bottom line at its California Pacific Medical Center affiliate in order to trigger an escape clause that would allow it to quickly close a rebuilt Mission District hospital it was pledging to keep open for 20 years.
- Doc Shortage 'Fix' Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- MU Slides into Summer of Discontent
- Physician Pay Increasingly Linked to Value-based Metrics
- 2015 OPPS Proposed Rule Detailed
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- CDC Expanding Quality of Care Efforts
- 4 Hot Healthcare Exec Titles; 1 Not
- Critical Times for Small and Rural Hospitals
- Advanced EHRs Save 10% Per Patient, Study Says
- Fees Lurk in Health Plans' Shift to e-Payments