Recovery Auditor Prepayment Review Demo Still Pending
Though the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services website lists the start date as "Summer of 2012," the delayed launch of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Recovery Auditor prepayment review demonstration has had no official announcement yet.
With temperature records being broken by the hundreds, there's no question that summer is in full swing. So where is the launch of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Recovery Auditor prepayment review demonstration?
Last November, CMS unveiled three demonstration projects aimed at reducing improper payments in the Medicare program. A few months later on February 3, 2012, CMS announced that it would be delaying two of the three of these demonstrations, one of which is the Recovery Auditor prepayment review demo.
Though the CMS website lists the start date as "Summer of 2012," the delay—which came as a result of comments and concerns from providers—originally pushed the official launch to June 1, 2012. If we are, in fact, in the midst of the Recovery Auditor prepayment review demonstration, there has been no official announcement.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer