David Blumenthal to leave Partners HealthCare to head Commonwealth Fund
Dr. David Blumenthal, one of the nation's leading health information technology experts, will leave Partners HealthCare at the end of this year to head The Commonwealth Fund based in New York City. Blumenthal is a professor at Harvard Medical School and chief health information and innovation officer at Partners. He was US National Coordinator for Health Information Technology under President Obama from 2009 to 2011, with the charge of building a nationwide health information system. Previously, he worked as a primary care doctor and health policy expert at Massachusetts General Hospital and other Partners institutions for more than 30 years. He returned to Partners just seven months ago.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives