Blue Cross responds to Steward's attacks
Boston-based for-profit hospital network Steward Health Care, in partnership with Landmark Medical Center, the hospital in receivership Steward is seeking to acquire, and United Nurses & Allied Professionals, the union representing workers at Landmark, have sought to pin the blame on the state’s largest health insurer for Landmark’s financial woes. After enduring two weeks of attacks in what he termed a "distasteful," "fear-mongering" and "mud-slinging" media campaign, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island President and CEO Peter Andruszkiewicz visited Providence Business News on July 31 to respond and present the health insurer's point of view.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically