Jackson Health System explores outsourcing ER docs, billing and collections
The Jackson Health System announced Monday it's seeking proposals to outsource physician services in all its emergency rooms as well as looking for a company to handle its billing and collections. "We have not made the decision to outsource either of these service lines," said Chief Executive Carlos Migoya in an email to county political leaders. "We are simply taking the common sense step of exploring and understanding all the available options in two important areas." Migoya noted that outsourcing physician services is common at many hospitals, including Jackson North as well as the Broward public hospitals in both the north and south districts.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013