Jackson Health System explores outsourcing ER docs, billing and collections
The Jackson Health System announced Monday it's seeking proposals to outsource physician services in all its emergency rooms as well as looking for a company to handle its billing and collections. "We have not made the decision to outsource either of these service lines," said Chief Executive Carlos Migoya in an email to county political leaders. "We are simply taking the common sense step of exploring and understanding all the available options in two important areas." Migoya noted that outsourcing physician services is common at many hospitals, including Jackson North as well as the Broward public hospitals in both the north and south districts.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments