Jackson Health System explores outsourcing ER docs, billing and collections
The Jackson Health System announced Monday it's seeking proposals to outsource physician services in all its emergency rooms as well as looking for a company to handle its billing and collections. "We have not made the decision to outsource either of these service lines," said Chief Executive Carlos Migoya in an email to county political leaders. "We are simply taking the common sense step of exploring and understanding all the available options in two important areas." Migoya noted that outsourcing physician services is common at many hospitals, including Jackson North as well as the Broward public hospitals in both the north and south districts.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse