Northwestern hospital confirms 230 layoffs
Northwestern Memorial Hospital confirmed Wednesday that it has laid off 230 employees over the last month as part of an effort to reduce its cost structure by a quarter by 2017. The Streeterville health system, which has about 7,000 employees, said in a statement that 52 of those who lost their positions have found new jobs, most at the hospital. It said several others are being considered for roughly 200 openings. A spokeswoman said the hospital has cut jobs each of the past several years after annual reviews of its operations conducted amid budget discussions.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data