Dynacq Healthcare puts CFO on leave pending investigation
Pasadena-based Dynacq Healthcare Inc. has placed CFO Philip Chan on administrative leave, pending an investigation. Chan was placed on leave on Aug. 8, according to a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing reviewed by Houston Business Journal. Chan was put on leave as the company conducts an investigation concerning business practices,"potentially encompassing members of the board, management and third persons, and related accounting matters," the filing stated. Dynacq has one surgical campus located in Pasadena. The health care holding company, which specializes in surgical services, shuttered its Dallas-area hospital in September 2011 after some physicians departed.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital