WellPoint CEO Braly resigns
Angela Braly resigned as chairman and chief executive officer of WellPoint Inc. after recent criticism from shareholders who said the second-leading U.S. insurer was underperforming. The shares rose. John Cannon, the company's executive vice president and general counsel, will serve as interim CEO while WellPoint searches for a replacement, the Indianapolis-based insurer said today in a statement. Cannon isn't a candidate for the permanent job, according to the statement. During her five-year tenure, Braly, 51, made herself a foe of the health-care overhaul and, more recently, of investors after WellPoint missed earnings estimates and cut its forecast twice in four months.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'