BayCare moves to acquire hospital outside Tampa area
BayCare Health System, the leading healthcare player in Tampa Bay, expects to acquire another hospital for the first time since its creation 15 years ago, expanding its reach into Polk County. BayCare officials said Wednesday they plan to purchase Winter Haven Hospital. The nonprofit BayCare currently operates the St. Joseph's hospitals in Tampa, St. Anthony's in St. Petersburg and the Morton Plant Mease hospitals in mid Pinellas. BayCare controls more than a third of the hospital business in the Tampa Bay market, but Winter Haven marks its first hospital outside its core communities in Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction