BayCare moves to acquire hospital outside Tampa area
BayCare Health System, the leading healthcare player in Tampa Bay, expects to acquire another hospital for the first time since its creation 15 years ago, expanding its reach into Polk County. BayCare officials said Wednesday they plan to purchase Winter Haven Hospital. The nonprofit BayCare currently operates the St. Joseph's hospitals in Tampa, St. Anthony's in St. Petersburg and the Morton Plant Mease hospitals in mid Pinellas. BayCare controls more than a third of the hospital business in the Tampa Bay market, but Winter Haven marks its first hospital outside its core communities in Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers