WellPoint's high-tech reboot
Overseeing more than half of WellPoint's employees is Lori Beer, 45. Her title is executive vice president, enterprise business services, which means she's in charge of technology, procurement, and strategic projects. She strongly believes that smarter use of software and hardware is critical to throttling back unsustainable U.S. health care costs. She talked recently with Fortune about why healthcare is so far behind other industries in taking advantage of technology, dealing with her daughter's medical records, and much else.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'