Database features trends in healthcare workforce, education
For the first time, a detailed database on the healthcare workforce and education trends in California is available through the Office of Statewide Health Development and Planning. The Healthcare Workforce Clearinghouse provides numbers of providers by occupation and county, projected annual job openings, some wage information and educational programs that train these kinds of professionals. The information is important, as demand for these occupations is expected to increase with the full launch of federal health reform. There are reports on gender by occupation, age, race, ethnicity and languages spoken. Data is provided by the Medical Board of California and the Employment Development Department.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care