Database features trends in healthcare workforce, education
For the first time, a detailed database on the healthcare workforce and education trends in California is available through the Office of Statewide Health Development and Planning. The Healthcare Workforce Clearinghouse provides numbers of providers by occupation and county, projected annual job openings, some wage information and educational programs that train these kinds of professionals. The information is important, as demand for these occupations is expected to increase with the full launch of federal health reform. There are reports on gender by occupation, age, race, ethnicity and languages spoken. Data is provided by the Medical Board of California and the Employment Development Department.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'