Database features trends in healthcare workforce, education
For the first time, a detailed database on the healthcare workforce and education trends in California is available through the Office of Statewide Health Development and Planning. The Healthcare Workforce Clearinghouse provides numbers of providers by occupation and county, projected annual job openings, some wage information and educational programs that train these kinds of professionals. The information is important, as demand for these occupations is expected to increase with the full launch of federal health reform. There are reports on gender by occupation, age, race, ethnicity and languages spoken. Data is provided by the Medical Board of California and the Employment Development Department.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts