Ex-hospital employee pleads guilty to stealing patient data
Former Florida Hospital employee, Dale Munroe II, plead guilty Monday to stealing patient information that was used to solicit customers. From 2009 until July 2011, Munroe illegally accessed data from thousands of patients at various Florida Hospital locations. Munroe worked as a registration representative in the emergency department at Florida Hospital's Celebration location, where he registered patients as they came into the ER.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction