Somerset Medical: Layoffs will not affect patient care
The Somerset Medical Center has eliminated 23 positions at the county's only hospital. Victoria Allen, vice president for marketing, said the positions eliminated involved a variety of departments throughout the hospital. It will help the center remain efficient while maintaining high standards of care. Somerset Medical Center could lose as much as $1 million in revenues next year after Medicare starts to reduce reimbursement payments.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus