St. Anthony's Medical Center cuts 176 employees
St. Anthony's Medical Center cut 4 percent of its workforce Wednesday, letting go 176 employees, 25 of whom were management and 151 non-management. The medical center, the third-largest in the St. Louis area and one of just two independent hospitals there, recorded a loss in fiscal 2012, and in August Chief Executive Officer James Gardner Jr. said he hoped to cut $22 million from annual operating expenses through what he called a "strategic performance improvement initiative."
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances