No criminal charges for Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital officials
A former Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital CEO and two current board members will not be charged with criminal financial conflicts of interest after an investigation by the Monterey County District Attorney's Office. Neither the hospital's previous CEO Sam Downing nor board members Harry Wardwell and Jim Gattis will face charges related to allegations they had a financial stake in decisions they made or recommended. Downing, who resigned in early 2011 amid broad criticism about a $5 million retirement pay package, and Wardwell were the focus of the investigation.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream