Vote delayed on oversight of UMC
A decision on the future of University Medical Center will wait. Clark County commissioners on Wednesday, facing an important vote on whether to ask the Legislature for permission to turn over hospital oversight to a full-time board, decided to revise a bill draft proposal and bring it back in two weeks. The decision came amid concerns that the draft included language that would allow the hospital board to sell the hospital and its facilities, although UMC CEO Brian Brannman told commissioners that was not the intent.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care