HMA plans continued push to expand, despite '60 Minutes' report
"The pipeline is rich." That's what Gary Newsome, the CEO of Naples-based Health Management Associates Inc., had to say when an analyst asked for an update on its hospital buying opportunities during the company's last earnings conference call. Newsome's optimism came in October, several weeks before "60 Minutes" aired a segment on its investigation of the hospital operator, in which several former employees accused the company of fraud - and of pressuring doctors into admitting patients needlessly to boost revenues.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US