LSU looking into check fraud scheme
LSU Health Care Services Division received notification from law enforcement agencies on Nov. 14 that one of its employees had been accessing images of a limited number of patients' checks and possibly using that information in a check fraud scheme. From the point it first became aware of this criminal activity, LSU HCSD has cooperated to the fullest extent possible with law enforcement. It has been estimated that the unauthorized access began in January, 2012, but LSU HCSD is continuing its investigation to determine when this activity began. Information accessed by this employee varied by patient, but may have included checking account, driver's license, and social security numbers, date of birth, and other demographic information.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care