Hospital wants to replace 'Durham' with 'Duke'
Those in charge want to take "Durham" out of Durham Regional Hospital's name and put "Duke" in its place. "They felt like taking advantage of the Duke brand would bring more business," said Durham County Commissioners Chairman Fred Foster. "To get the recognition of Durham Regional being part of the Duke system." Durham Regional Hospital administrators and trustees made their case for a name change in one-on-one meetings with all five county commissioners and at a commissioners work session this week. A decision is due at Monday's regular commissioners' meeting.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses