Hospital wants to replace 'Durham' with 'Duke'
Those in charge want to take "Durham" out of Durham Regional Hospital's name and put "Duke" in its place. "They felt like taking advantage of the Duke brand would bring more business," said Durham County Commissioners Chairman Fred Foster. "To get the recognition of Durham Regional being part of the Duke system." Durham Regional Hospital administrators and trustees made their case for a name change in one-on-one meetings with all five county commissioners and at a commissioners work session this week. A decision is due at Monday's regular commissioners' meeting.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion