NY senator wants probe of VA mistake
The inspector general at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs should launch an independent investigation into the reuse of insulin pens at the Buffalo VA Medical Center, Sen. Charles E. Schumer and Rep. Brian Higgins said Tuesday. Noting that the use of the insulin delivery devices could have exposed 716 patients at the hospital to HIV, hepatitis B or hepatitis C, Schumer and Higgins wrote separately to George J. Opfer, the VA inspector general, to request the probe. "We must use all available resources to ensure that we find out what happened in this case and prevent any future incidents," Schumer wrote. "Our veterans and heroes deserve this and more."
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers